As from October 2019, we will only be posting news and photos on our Facebook page. We have linked Facebook to our website so that you can see latest posts below .
For general information about our club, such as who we are, where & when we play, costs, membership, club rules, etc, please check out the various tabs above.
Older galleries on this website (pre-2019), are only accessible to members. If you have forgotten the password, please email us.
3 days ago
Sydney Shuttles Badminton is at Badminton Worx.
2 weeks ago
Thank you to www.f2sportswear.com.au/ for their amazing design and work in producing our club shirts.
For those members who didn't get one, I still have some supplies left, so reach out to me
Sydney Shuttles Badminton shared a video from the playlist Spotlight on Sports.
2 months ago
Just a final reminder along with my email this week to get your orders in for your club tshirt. All details and ordering information is in the email.
Stay safe and warm and continue to practice your social distancing and see you all on Monday night
At tonight session we will some sample shirts for members to review for the size for the club shirt we have designed. It won't be of a sample of the design though.
Unfortunately they are only available for this week as they need to be returned manufacturers and sorry for late notice.
I will send around the email again with the tshirt design and ordering details.
Hope to see many of you tonight
Hi again all
This coming Monday's badminton will operate with the same arrangements as the last two weeks. We will still be limited to maximum 40 players(not that we have reach that level yet) and we require you to please RSVP by email or msg me and please pay via EFT up front.
Untill further restrictions are removed I will say this will be our ongoing weekly arrangement but as always we will keep you updated for any changes.
We will shortly start back taking names and orders for those members who would like to purchase a club shirt also. It hasn't been forgotten.
Hope to see many of you on Monday. Have a great weekend stay warm and safe and please look after each other and reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you to all those who joined us last night in our first session back. Hopefully no one is too sore or broken and got a good workout in with plenty of court time.
Again please bare with us while we continue to work through changes to the running and set up of our weekly sessions under the COVID-19 rules. We will have further updates for next week session posted shortly.
So far we have had 20 members RSVP and pay for next Monday 1st session back. Please remember to let us know and pay ASAP if you are coming.
If we reach our maximum of 40 players on the night and you haven't RSVP & paid we will have to turn you away. Unfortunately this has to be the way we manager our numbers for the time being.
Please ensure you have read and understand all the instructions included in the email to ensure we all stay safe and healthy during the night.
Further updates will follow.
We’ve received good news from the Badminton Worx Botany venue. They are re-opening next weekend in line with the latest relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions.
That means Sydney Shuttles will start our sessions again on Monday 15th June.
Naturally, there are lots of rules that everyone needs to understand and strictly comply with. We have emailed to all members the flyer from Badminton Worx explains the basic rules. Please read it carefully.
In addition to the Badminton Worx rules, we have to change the way we do some things as well. The following applies to the first session. After the first session, once we gain some experience, we may be able improve some things.
1. Because the waiting area will be closed, there may not be anywhere to setup our laptop, etc. Therefore, we won’t be doing game picking. Our “free-for-all” method will be used. This means play 2 games, then leave the court to give other people a chance to play.
2. For now, we will limit attendance to members only (to assist with contact tracing in case of any infections).
3. We are looking at options for payment methods (to avoid exchanging of cash), but won’t have anything in place in time for the first session. For the first session, our preference is for you to pay via EFT (see bank details included in our sent email). If you must pay by cash, you must bring exact money. We will not be able to give you change.
4. Initially, we are going to limit numbers to 40 people maximum. We ask that you reply to this email if you expect to be coming. This is important to help us plan things. And please don’t leave it to the last minute to tell us.
5. Reading the Badminton Worx rules, it seems like people will have to wait behind the court back lines when not playing. This is when remembering social distancing rules will be the most important.
6. The water fountain, located in the waiting area, will not be available, so please bring plenty of water to drink.
7. Obviously, high fives, ass slaps, hugging, etc is not allowed in current social distancing rules.
8. And remember, if you have been asked to self-isolate or are showing flu-like symptoms, please stay at home. The venue staff will not allow anyone showing symptoms to enter our premises.
9. Lastly, the first session will be a bit messy because as we will all be learning about how to manage badminton safely in the current Covid-19 pandemic. So, please be patient and comply with all the rules.
We will probably be sending you more emails and doing more Facebook posts prior to the first session, so please keep an eye out for updates.
Please stay safe and looking after yourself and each other and see you all on the courts soon
I hope you are all well, safe and healthy during this period of lockdown and restrictions. Sport and active recreation play an important role in community development, consecutiveness, physical and mental health. Returning to sport is a key turning point for many people to resume some normality in their lives during this unprecedented time.
We are still awaiting the easing of further restrictions before we can confirm that our weekly session will start again. Obviously there will be some changes (Social distancing, hygiene practices etc..) made that we will all have to deal with and address to get us all back on court so please bear with us as we will need to work through these as a club and with the Centre.
Unfortunately I don’t have any further information yet but we will keep you updated via email and Facebook as we progress.
As always please stay safe and healthy and reach out to your friends fellow members to make sure we are all ok during these times.
5 months ago
Hi again everyone,
In line with latest government rules, we have been advised that the Victor Botany badminton centre has been closed until further notice.
Stay safe everyone and please remember to maintain good social distancing and cleanliness habits.
Look after yourself and reach out to your friends and family and see if you can help in anyway.
With today’s worsening news, we have decided to extend our play ban until after Easter.
As such, all sessions up to and including Monday 13 April are cancelled.
We are sorry to have to do this, but the health of our players must always come first and we believe that the social distancing measures being imposed by our government are the right thing to do.
I hope you can all understand and appreciate the situation.
The centre is still open for the current times, and we have cancelled our bookings, so if you wish to continue to play in smaller groups please do and enjoy yourself.
As always stay safe and healthy and see you all soon hopefully. Remember to look after yourself and each other and let people know if you need help or anything.